Welcome to The Children's School in South Burlington! We're thrilled to open our doors to preschoolers aged 3-5. Our single-classroom setup ensures personalized attention, with a focus on small group sizes. Our spacious property encourages outdoor play and exploration, complemented by experienced teachers dedicated to play-based learning. Established in 1970, we take pride in our 5-star rating and longstanding commitment to being a parent-cooperative. Join us for a nurturing educational experience!
- Schedule: Our school operates on a half-day schedule, M-F, 8:00-1:00pm. Families may choose the 3, 4, or 5 day option, with preference given to 5 day students and returning families. Students selecting 3 days must include either Monday OR Friday in their selection. We generally follow the South Burlington School District calendar for our school year.
- Open House: Meet the teachers, explore the facility, and speak with current parents! Children are welcome to come and play during the visit. Open House - February 10, 2024
- Registration: A registration form, along with a registration fee, will secure a spot for your child. We offer a family discount if more than one child are attending during the same school year.
- Parent Cooperative: We are parent-owned and parent-run. The direct, family involvement makes the cooperative a unique educational opportunity for families and children alike. Families are asked to contribute 8 hours of volunteer work throughout the year as well as participate in one of our parent committees. Please indicate your interest/skills in our registration form.
- Act 166: As a high-quality prekindergarten education program, The Children’s School is able to partner with school districts that offer tuition funding. Funding for the 2024-2025 year is $3,884. These funds are paid directly to The Children’s School by the school district, and are applied toward your child’s tuition. More information regarding eligibility can be obtained by contacting your school district.