Serving Students Ages 3-5
- Schedule: We generally follow the South Burlington School District calendar for our school year.
- Flexible Enrollment: You may choose a five day program (M-F), a three day program (MWF), or a two day program (T/TH). You may choose Half Day (8:00-1:00) or Full Day (8:00-5:00) within these programs.
- Open House: We have an open house for prospective students and families every January. Meet the teachers, explore the facility, and speak with parents! Children are welcome to come and play during the visit. Keep an eye on the home page for the date.
- Registration: A registration form, along with a registration fee, will secure a spot for your child. Returning families are asked to commit by mid-January and then registration is opened to others on a first come basis. We offer a family discount if more than one child are attending during the same school year.
- Act 166: As a high-quality prekindergarten education program, The Children’s School is able to partner with school districts that offer tuition funding. Funding for the 2022-2023 school year is $3,656.00. These funds are paid directly to The Children’s School by the school district, and are applied toward your child’s tuition. More information regarding eligibility can be obtained by contacting your school district. While the majority of our families reside in participating districts, The Children’s School has also chosen to provide a discount to families not receiving funding. Please contact us for more information.
- Scholarships/Financial Aid: A limited number of partial scholarships are available to assist families in need. The Children’s School offers two types of scholarships: a general needs scholarship and an emergency scholarship. Scholarship funds are not strictly for tuition, funds may be requested for activity fees throughout the year. The Children’s School uses state income guidelines in determining eligibility, though we also take extenuating circumstances into account (see our handbook for more information). All financial aid information is kept confidential.